Phoenix Silicone Roofing Contractors
Silicone roofing is a great option to seal a roof and protect it against harsh weather conditions. It is known as a roof coating, because the silicone is applied onto the roof surface, and then it dries into a protective coat that shields the roof from the elements.
Silicone Roofing Systems in Phoenix – Affordable and Durable
The advantage to choosing a silicone roof is the fact that it is a solution for leaking roofs and weather. This roofing system is a great option to consider for flat-topped commercial buildings, because it is strong and durable and can protect against problems that can arise from ponding water. Flat roofs often gather moisture, and if the roof is not protected then the standing water can cause permanent damage such as peeling or bubbling where the water is puddling.
Elastomeric Roof Coatings
These roof coatings are waterproof and offer UV protection for the roof. Elastomeric roof coatings come as a liquid coating and can be applied to almost all roof surfaces. Elastomeric roof coatings help reduce heat damage by 90% and reducing the cost of energy by 50%. The fact that it is waterproof makes this roof coating preferred by owners of commercial buildings. It can also expand and shrink as the weather changes. This amount of flexibility in elastomeric roof coating shows the roof is not damaged by applying it.
When You Should Get a Roof Coating
Roof coatings do not necessarily need to be applied at certain times of the year. Some do require temperatures that can help it dry faster, but many do not rely on the temperature. When a new roof is installed, we recommend that the coating by applied quickly to extend the roof’s lifespan. If not too damaged, even old roofs can benefit from a roof coating.
This coating is a great way to seal a roof and give the roof protection against damaging weather conditions. The silicone is applied to the surface of the roof and, when dried, protects the roof against weather damage.
Silicone Roofing System is Durable and Affordable
This system is a solution for various weather conditions and leaking roofs. For commercial building owners of flat roofs, this system can help protect from damage that can occur when water ponds on the roof. Flat roofs tend to collect moisture, and if a protective coating has not been applied, damage like bubbling and peeling can occur by the standing water.
What Are the Benefits of a Silicone Roofing System?
- Stays in place for many years.
- Silicone is flexible.
- Waterproof and weatherproof.
- Resistant to mold, mildew, and staining.
- Extends the lifetime of your new roof.
- When applied to older roofs, silicone can save you money by helping the current roof last longer.
- Works on many different surface types.
- Severe weather and the sun do not damage silicone.
- Can be applied to flat or sloped roofs.
- This roof coating outshines many of the others.
- Available in a variety of colors to make matching to building colors easier. Please note that lighter colors reflect UV rays better than darker colors.
- Our long-lasting warranty helps protect against problems that may arise because we are confident about our silicone roofing system.
- Environmentally friendly and cost-effective because it lowers energy usage.
How Do You Install a Silicone Roof?
- The roof surface must be free of any gravel or loose dirt.
- The roof surface will be cleaned to prepare it for the silicone application.
- If the type of silicone chosen requires a wet fabric coating in order to adhere, then this is applied first.
- Liquid silicone is applied.
- Installers will pay special attention to any uneven, grooved, or cracked surfaces to ensure the roof is sealed.
- Now the coating is allowed to dry. If needed, the installer will apply the 2nd coat to ensure the roof surface is completely sealed.
Contact Our Phoenix Commercial Silicone Roofing Contractors
We specialize in quality roofing systems. We’ve been serving the Phoenix Valley for over 30 years, and our experts will help you select the type of roof that is best for your building. Contact us today!
Additional Commercial Roofing Service In Phoenix
Phoenix Commercial Silicone Roofing FAQs
Is silicone roof coating worth it?
Silicone coating will last longer than elastomeric coatings and is more durable. For the longevity, it might be worth it for you to consider switching.
Can you walk on a silicone roof?
Yes. Once the roof dries, you are safe to walk on it.
Can you recoat a silicone roof?
Yes. Once the roof dries, you are safe to walk on it.
Is silicone good for waterproofing?
Yes. Silicone is great for waterproofing.
How do you apply silicone to a roof?
You can apply silicone by using a spray rig or roll applying. Both have their advantages and work just fine.
How much does a silicone roof cost?
Silicone is just slightly higher than elastomeric per square foot. Usually about $1.20 a square foot.
Why is silicone roof coating more expensive than other coatings?
It is slightly more than elastomeric but the longevity of the roof makes up for the cost over time.
How long does silicone coating take to dry/cure?
This depends on the weather. A typical roof needs to cure for 8 hours. During the height of our Phoenix summer, it might only take 4 hours and in our coldest temperature it might need to sit for a day or two.
What are the benefits silicone roof coatings provide?
Silicone provides a better seal and a more durable roof.
What kind of commercial roofs are eligible for a silicone roof coating?
Any flat roof.
Will the silicone roof coating stop my leaks?
If applied right, yes it will.
Are there any warranties available?
Yes. There are warranties up to 20 years.