Phoenix Silicone Roofing Contractors
Silicone roofing is a great option to seal a roof and protect it against harsh weather conditions. It is known as a roof coating, because the silicone is applied onto the roof surface, and then it dries into a protective coat that shields the roof from the elements.
Silicone Roofing Systems in Phoenix – Affordable and Durable
The advantage to choosing a silicone roof is the fact that it is a solution for leaking roofs and weather. This roofing system is a great option to consider for flat-topped commercial buildings, because it is strong and durable and can protect against problems that can arise from ponding water. Flat roofs often gather moisture, and if the roof is not protected then the standing water can cause permanent damage such as peeling or bubbling where the water is puddling.
Benefits of a Silicone Roofing System in Phoenix, AZ
There are many benefits to using a silicone roofing system, those advantages include:
- Silicone roofs are weatherproof and waterproof
- The material is flexible
- Silicone maintains adhesion for many years
- Silicone roofs are not degraded from severe weather or the sun’s rays
- This type of roofing outperforms many other types of roof coatings
- Silicone is resistant to staining, mildew, and mold problems
- The silicone materials adhere well to many types of surfaces, making it a great choice for many different projects
- Can be used on sloped or flat roofs
- Silicone can be applied on your current roof to extend its lifetime, making it a cheaper option than tearing out the roof and re-building
- Different colors are available, so you can choose a shade that matches the other building materials (lighter colors are usually better UV reflectors)
- Extends the life of your roof
- A long warranty protects your roof against defects, and shows the confidence that we have in this type of roofing system
Many types of roofing systems have problems with adhesion and longevity, and silicone roofing is a great way to overcome both of these issues. One of the biggest advantages is the fact that this roofing system is a great way to help you lower energy costs. The surface is reflective, which protects the building from the harsh surface temperatures. This protection is an effective way to minimize utility costs, because it is easier to regulate the temperatures inside the building.
Often, people like to use a silicone roofing coat to extend the life of their current roof. Instead of spending the money to tear out all of the old roofing and re-install new materials, the silicone can be applied over the top. This option is environmentally friendly, and more cost-effective.
How a Phoenix Silicone Roof is Installed
When a silicone roof is installed, there are several steps that need to be followed:
- Loose dirt or gravel is removed from the surface of the roof
- The surface is cleaned thoroughly, to prepare for the application
- Some types of silicone require a fabric wet coating to help it fully adhere, so the fabric is applied first
- The liquid silicone is applied to the surface, usually using a roller or a brush
- Attention is put on any grooves, cracks or uneven surfaces in order to completely seal the entire roof
- The silicone is allowed to dry, and a 2nd coat is applied (if needed)
Some methods of silicone application may use a brush or a roller, and others can use airless spraying equipment to coat the roof surface. When we are working on your silicone roof, we will bring all of the necessary equipment, to make sure your roof is sealed using the best techniques.
Contact Our Phoenix Commercial Silicone Roofing Contractors
We specialize in quality roofing systems. We’ve been serving the Phoenix Valley for over 30 years, and our experts will help you select the type of roof that is best for your building. Contact us today!
Additional Commercial Roofing Service In Phoenix
Phoenix Commercial Silicone Roofing FAQs
Is silicone roof coating worth it?
Silicone coating will last longer than elastomeric coatings and is more durable. For the longevity, it might be worth it for you to consider switching.
Can you walk on a silicone roof?
Yes. Once the roof dries, you are safe to walk on it.
Can you recoat a silicone roof?
Yes. Once the roof dries, you are safe to walk on it.
Is silicone good for waterproofing?
Yes. Silicone is great for waterproofing.
How do you apply silicone to a roof?
You can apply silicone by using a spray rig or roll applying. Both have their advantages and work just fine.
How much does a silicone roof cost?
Silicone is just slightly higher than elastomeric per square foot. Usually about $1.20 a square foot.
Why is silicone roof coating more expensive than other coatings?
It is slightly more than elastomeric but the longevity of the roof makes up for the cost over time.
How long does silicone coating take to dry/cure?
This depends on the weather. A typical roof needs to cure for 8 hours. During the height of our Phoenix summer, it might only take 4 hours and in our coldest temperature it might need to sit for a day or two.
What are the benefits silicone roof coatings provide?
Silicone provides a better seal and a more durable roof.
What kind of commercial roofs are eligible for a silicone roof coating?
Any flat roof.
Will the silicone roof coating stop my leaks?
If applied right, yes it will.
Are there any warranties available?
Yes. There are warranties up to 20 years.