If you are looking around for an environmentally friendly and dependable roofing system for your commercial property in AZ, metal roofing is just right for you. Sustainable and offered in a plethora of designs, these architecturally attractive roofs are highly functional and are preferred by countless industrial, institutional and commercial buildings across Arizona.
What Are Metal Roofing Systems in Phoenix?
In layman terms, these are roofs made up of panels or pieces of metal, such that they are installed as a component of the envelope used to separate the building’s interior from its exterior. They are quite popular and commercial building owners have a penchant for these systems as they are not only beautiful but long-lasting as well. In addition, since they are offered in an assortment of materials and colors, they can complement any existing structure.
Why Use Our Phoenix Metal Roofing Systems?
While there are countless reasons as to why you should use a metal roof system for your building in Phoenix, a handful of the most important perks associated with it are outlined below.
- Metal roof systems are durable. They offer exceptional resistance to problems such as eroding, shrinking or cracking.
- These roofing systems mean almost zero maintenance costs since they have a larger life expectancy.
- Metal roof systems in the Phoenix area can endure severe weather conditions such as hail storms.
- Most metal roof systems employ interlocking panels. This translates into protection against damage due to strong winds.
- These systems are a cost-efficient alternative.
- Metal roofs help lower energy costs. They reflect UV rays which keep the structure cool and help owners cut corners in terms of energy expenses.
- These systems are environmentally friendly. The coat on top reflects rays which lead to an increase in energy efficiency.
- Metal roofs are strong and versatile.
- Metal roof systems come with endless possibilities in terms of expansion and design.
- They are offered in light-colors which amplifies their heat-reflecting abilities.
- Metal roofs are known to last up to 2-3 times longer than any asphalt-based roofing system.
- Metal roofs can be installed on surfaces that are steep-sloped or low.
- These systems are lightweight ensuring that the structure does not have a very heavy roof load to support.
Apart from all the advantages listed above, they are an economical solution for building owners who cannot afford to pay a fortune for a roofing system. Our Phoenix metal roof systems are installed quickly and can be the ultimate solution for anyone planning for expansions or additions in the future.
Phoenix Metal Roofing Application and Materials
As far as the materials for metal roofing are concerned, they are versatile and a building owner is bound to find something to suit his needs and pocket. However, the most common types that are used for these roofing systems are listed as follows.
- Galvanized steel is used for these systems where a sheet of wrought iron and steel is coated thoroughly with zinc. These sheets are then rolled together to form corrugated sheets.
- Zincalume or galvalume is also used which is actually a mixture of aluminum, zinc and steel coated with silicon.
- Tile sheets of metal are also used once they are painted.
- For those seeking distinctive designs, stainless steel is the ideal choice. Specifically designed to counter bad weather, they are rolled uniformly into the standing seams.
- Copper roofs are the material of choice for owners who want their structures to be prominently distinguishable. Designs using copper are more sustainable and promise countless other uses.
- Aluminum is one of the most long-lasting metals. While it is a bit expensive as compared to other materials, it offers one-of-a-kind resistance against corrosion. The metal has a naturally high reflectivity rendering energy efficiency for any building.
- Stone coated steel is an option where zinc-coated panels are often used.
- Lead is also an available option.
Roof Coatings in Phoenix, AZ
Perhaps the most attractive aspect of a metal roof system is the endless variety of options that exist for roof coatings. A building owner can use a coating to make the structure waterproof, anti-rust or heat reflective.
At Jim Brown and Sons Roofing, we believe that building is more like a style statement and by using our award-winning roofing systems it is possible to inspire awe instantly. Contact us to get your metal roof today!
Additional Commercial Roofing Service In Phoenix
Phoenix Metal Roofing Contractor FAQs
Does a metal roof cost more than a typical roof?
Typically yes. Metal roofs cost about 3 times as much as other roofing products.
How much longer will a metal roof last?
If maintained, metal roofs can last 50 years or longer.
Does the metal roof stand up to extreme weather?
Yes. The main reason people chose metal roofs is their ability to perform in wind, hail, and snow.
Is a metal roof environmentally friendly?
Metal roofing is considered environmentally friendly due to the fact that there are no chemicals used in its creation, its longevity as well as its high recyclability.
Would a metal roof be too heavy for certain types of homes?
Typically, no. Most homes are made to withstand the weight of shingles and most the time tile and metal is lighter than both of those systems.
Can we walk on a metal roof?
Most of the time, yes. The deciding factor is what is under the metal. If it is a solid substrate then you are safe to walk on metal roofs. Be cautious not to slip in cold or rainy conditions.
Are metal roofs noisy when it rains?
Yes. Even if you insulate under the metal roof, compared to other roofing systems, you will hear the rain more.
What is the weight of metal roofing compared to other roofing materials?
It is lighter in comparison.
How do I choose a metal roofing contractor?
Metal is not a popular choice in Arizona and because the cost is higher. Make sure you choose a contractor that has experience installing metal roofs. Ask for references and pictures of buildings they have done in the past.
Are metal roofs energy efficient?
Not typically by themselves. You would have to get them insulated under the metal and coat them with a reflective coating.
What are the pros and cons of metal roofing?
Pros: the roof will last longer and you will probably save on your insurance. The cons are it will cost you 3x the amount of typical roofing systems and may not be as energy efficient.
Which metal roof panels are best for my home?
This depends on the slope of your roof. You may want to look at a metal system that looks like shingles, tile or shakes. You may just want a ribbed panel.
Are metal roofs as durable?
Metal roofs are extremely durable!
Does metal roofing cost more than shingles or other materials?
Yes. They are about 3x the cost.
Does my old roof have to be removed first?
This depends but not always. A lot of times you can save money by leaving the existing roof on.
Will metal roofing make my house hotter?
It can if you don’t insulate under the metal panels.